It is possible to add a Zoom Video Conference link to your Moodle course. This can be useful for holding remote classes, help sessions, or office hours. Students can click a link within Moodle to enter a video conference session.
- Log in to Moodle and navigate to your intended course.
- Turn editing on for your course
- Click the Add an activity or resource link.
- Select the External Tool activity and click Add.
- You will now see an options screen for the External Tool activity.
- Give your new activity a name (e.g. Zoom Video Conference).
- In the next field, "External tool type", choose the Zoom Video Web-Conference option
- Leave the next field, "Launch URL", blank.
- In the next field, "Launch Container", select New Window from the dropdown.
- Scroll to the bottom and click the button marked Save and return to course.
- You should now see your new web conference link in your course.
- Click on the new activity link to initiate the video conference. As a Moodle teacher your will automatically be added as the meeting host.
- All enrolled participants can click on this activity link to access the video conference.
Switching users in Zoom
If you are working on a shared computer, it may be possible that you will be logged into Zoom as the previous user. Zoom remembers the identity of the last user. To switch users,
- In the Zoom application, click the zoom.us menu item and select "Switch user"
- Click the "Sign In" button
- Select "Login with SSO"
- Verify that the "company domain" is set to swarthmore.zoom.us
- You should see a Swarthmore login window. Log in with your Swarthmore username and password