If you have set your Swarthmore email to forward to your personal Gmail account and wish to also send mail as your Swarthmore address from your personal Gmail, here is how you setup the “Send mail as” feature.
- If you already had “Send mail as” set and tried to reset it by entering your username and password again, you should have gotten an email notice from Google sent to your Swarthmore account saying that they stopped a login attempt. You will have to click the “Review your devices now” button in this email and click the arrow at the top left of the window. Scroll down until you see the section shown in Step 4. You can continue with the instructions from there. If you did not have “Send mail as” set, or have not received the noticed from Google, continue to Step 2.
- From your Swarthmore account, click on your account picture (or initial) in the top-right corner and then click the “My Account” button.
- In the “Sign-in & Security” section on the left, click the “Connected apps & sites” link.
- Scroll until you see the “Allow less secure apps” section on the right and click the slide bar so that is is “ON.” You can now close out of the “My Account” page.
From your personal Gmail account, go to the Gear icon and choose Settings. Then click on the “Accounts and Import” tab.
- In the “Send mail as” section, click the “Add another email address you own” link.
- A pop-up will appear that allows you to type in your display name (what will show to others you email) and your full Swarthmore email address (including the @swarthmore.edu). Click the “Next Step” button.
- On this screen, make sure your full email address is still showing and the other settings appear as below:
Type your account password and click “Add Account.”
- A 9-digit verification code will be sent to your Swarthmore account. Retrieve it and type it into the field on the new screen in the pop-up window and click “Verify.” It will look like the window pictured below:
You can now send mail as your Swarthmore account from your personal Gmail!