It is possible to create a course WordPress site from within Moodle. When students enter their Moodle course and click on the link to the blog, a WordPress account is automatically created for them.
- Log in to Moodle and navigate to your intended course.
- Turn editing on for your course
- Click the Add an activity or resource link.
- Select the External Tool activity and click Add.
- You will now see an options screen for the External Tool activity.
- Give your new activity a name (example: EDUC 019 WordPress Site).
- In the next field, "External tool type", choose the tool type for the current semester. The format will be as follows: *Semester* *Year* WordPress Courses (example: Fall 2017 WordPress Courses).
- Leave the next field, "Launch URL", blank.
- In the next field, "Launch Container", select New Window from the dropdown.
- Scroll to the bottom and click the button marked Save and return to course.
- You should now see your new activity link in your course.
- Click on the new activity link to initiate the WordPress site. You will automatically be added as an admin user.
- All enrolled participants can click on this activity link to access the WordPress site.
Sharing Instructions with Students
If you'd like to provide instructions for accessing WordPress from Moodle, feel free to use those provided below. Make sure to change the red text in step 3 to reflect your activity title.
- Login in to moodle.swarthmore.edu
- Navigate to the course.
- Click on the link labeled: **Your Activity name from step 6 in the above instructions**
- A new window should open and the WordPress site should load. (If you do not see a new window please make sure to allow pop-ups from moodle.swarthmore.edu . If you continue to encounter difficulties after allowing pop-ups, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org)