Moodle can be set up for assignments that only require one member of a group to submit a document. Grading the assignment will send the same grade to all members of the group.
Set up groups
- Go to Participants (left menu) → Gear icon (top right) → Groups
- Click on "Create Group"
- Give the group a name (e.g. "Group 1" or "Monday Lab A") and save
- Select the newly created group and click on Add/remove users. Add users as needed to this group.
- Repeat the process for all the groups in the course
Set up the assignment
Create a Moodle assignment as usual, but adjust the settings for group submission.
Under "Group submission settings" section
- Students submit in groups → Yes
Under "Common Module settings" section
- Group mode: Visible groups
How it works
Students will submit files to the assignment as usual, but when one group member submits a file, it will show up under all the group members' submissions. Grading one group member will send the grade to all group members.