Panopto is a lecture capture system that is integrated with Swarthmore's Moodle site. It is possible to easily record video and/or your computer screen and publish it to your Moodle course.
To set up Panopto for a course:
- Go to your Moodle course page and turn editing on
- At the bottom of the left column, look for the "Add a block" section and section "Panopto" from the pulldown menu. Note: In some cases the "Add a Block" pulldown may appear at the bottom of the right hand column).
- The page will refresh and the Panopto block will appear near the bottom of the left hand column.
- Click on "Provision Course" within the Panopto block. This will set up your course within Panopto.
- Look for a message indicating that the provisioning process succeeded. Then click the link to return the course main page.
Your course is now set up to accept Panopto recordings.
You will need the Panopto Recorder program to get started. You can download the Recorder program from the Panopto block within Moodle. Download the program and install it on your computer. Classroom computers should already have the Panopto Recorder installed, so you can skip this step if you are using an ITS computer.
Setting up the Panopto Recorder program:
- Start the program and click on "Log in" on the top right of the window
- Make sure the server name is "swarthmore.hosted.panopto.com"
- Click on "Get Providers for Server" and select "Moodle Production Server"