It is possible to create a course WordPress site from within Moodle. When students enter their Moodle course and click on the link to the blog, a WordPress account is automatically created for them. Currently, there are two different options to add a WordPress site listed below.
- Go to your Moodle course page.
- Turn on editing.
- Click the Add an activity or resource link in the section of your choice.
- Select the External Tool activity and click Add.
- You will now see an options screen for the External Tool activity.
- Give your new activity a name (example: EDUC 019 WordPress Site).
- In the Preconfigured Tool dropdown, select the option for the current semester year. It will be in the form of Semester Year - WordPress Course. So for the 2021 Spring semester, the tool would be named Spring 2021 WordPress Course.
- Additional options are available after clicking Show More but the defaults should suffice.
- Scroll to the bottom and click the button marked Save and return to course.
- You should now see your new activity link in your course.
- Click on the new activity link to initiate the WordPress site. You will automatically be added as an admin user.
- All enrolled participants can click on this activity link to access the WordPress site.
Sharing Instructions with Students
If you'd like to provide instructions for accessing WordPress from Moodle, feel free to use those provided below. Make sure to change the red text in step 3 to reflect your activity title.
- Login in to moodle.swarthmore.edu
- Navigate to the course.
- Click on the link labeled: **Your Activity name from step 6 in the above instructions**
- A new window should open and the WordPress site should load. (If you do not see a new window please make sure to allow pop-ups from moodle.swarthmore.edu . If you continue to encounter difficulties after allowing pop-ups, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org)