- First, download and install the driver specific to your printer model. Unzip the .pkg file and run the installer. This installer may warn that it cannot open because it is from an unidentified publisher. You can launch the installer by control-clicking on the file and choosing "open".
- Open System Preferences, select Printing & Scanning, and click the lock in the lower left corner to make changes.
- Remove old printer:
- Click the printer you would like to remove, then select the - (minus sign) to remove the old printer
- Installing new printer:
- Select the +(plus sign) to add a printer
- Click the IP tab
- In the Address field, type swat-print
- For Protocol, choose Line Printer Daemon - LPD
- In the Queue field, enter the name of your printer.
- For ease of use, the printer naming convention is "department-building and room number", example "its-beardsley110"
- If you do not know, or cannot determine, the name of the printer, please contact the Help Desk for assistance.
- Under Name, enter the name of your printer.
- Under Use, select the option for Select Printer Software..., and browse to your Canon printer model (see step 1).
- Click Add. After you click Add, the Printer list window will reappear with the selected printer added to the list of printers.