- Open the installer you downloaded from the MathWorks web site
- Under the dialog title "Install MathWorks Software", select "Log in with a MathWorks Account"e
- When requested, enter your MathWorks account information.
- Continue through the installation wizard
- When prompted to do so, select the Academic – Total Headcount license type
- Employees: select the Campus license
- Students: select the Individual license
- Lab computers: select the Concurrent license (see below for more installation instructions)
- You will be prompted which products you would like to install. Most people install MATLAB and all the toolboxes, but you can remove some items to reduce the disk space needed. Make sure "License Manager" is unchecked since this is just for server installations.
To switch between license types, follow the instructions provided by the MathWorks: https://www.mathworks.com/matlabcentral/answers/96751-how-do-i-update-my-matlab-license-file-for-an-individual or concurrent license:
- Start MATLAB