Instructions for saving your Swarthmore GSuite data G Suite data when leaving the college.
- Open the Gmail account you want to import to.
- At the top right, click the gear [Settings] .
- Select Settings.
- Select the Accounts and Import tab.
- In the "Check mail from other accounts" section, click Add a mail account.
- Enter your full Swarthmore email address, then click Next.
- Click Next again to "Import emails from my other account (POP3)"
Now you have a few options to choose from. Here are our recommended settings:
- Leave a copy of retrieved messages on the server - Leave unchecked. This setting is controlled in the POP settings of your other account.
- Always use a secure connection (SSL) when retrieving mail - Keep checked.
- Label incoming messages - Check the box if you’d like to easily see which emails in your inbox came from this account. Recommended.
- Archive incoming messages - Leave unchecked. Only check if you don’t want to mix the imported messages from the other account with your inbox.
- Click Add Account. You can skip the "send mail as swarthmore.edu" step because your account will be going away shortly.