- Navigate to the new course.
- Go to the Gear Icon (top right of page) → Import.
- Select or search for the course you want to import material from
- Generally you want to import all activities, blocks, and filters.
- Select the items you would like to import. It can be all the items or only selected resources.
- Verify your settings and then perform the import.
Make sure your new course has at least as many topics or weeks as the course you are importing from. You can change the number of topics/weeks in the course settings.
Unless you have important announcements which you would like to import, unselect any "Announcements" or "News Forum" items because all new courses already have one and you will end up with multiple Announcement activities.
It can take several minutes to import a course, especially if the original course has a large amount of material. In some cases you may receive a time-out error. Before trying to re-import, check the new course and see if the process completed. If you run into any problems, please contact email@example.com.
Updating the dates for a copied course