- Open the installer you downloaded from the MathWorks web site
- Under the dialog title "Install MathWorks Software", select "Log in with a MathWorks Account"
- When requested, enter your MathWorks account information.
- Continue through the installation wizard
- When prompted to do so, select the Academic – Total Headcount license labeled Individual.type
- Employees: select the Campus license
- Students: select the Individual license
- Lab computers: select the Concurrent license (see below for more installation instructions)
- You will be prompted which products you would like to install. Most people install MATLAB and all the toolboxes, but you can remove some items to reduce the disk space needed. Make sure "License Manager" is unchecked since this is just for server installations.
- When prompted to do so, select the Academic – Total Headcount license labeled Concurrent.
- Download the license file and select it when prompted: license.lic
select a license file to use when activating the software: license.lic
To switch between an individual or concurrent license:
- Start MATLAB