Help Desk Support Offerings
The ITS Help Desk, located in Beardsley 110 [campus map] is the first point of contact for all requests, incidents, and problems relating to technology services provided by Swarthmore College. The Help Desk offers support via in-person appointments, drop-ins, and remote, and extended support options to meet the varying needs of the college community.
Important Note: Hours, operations, and coverage are modified during Semester Breaks and College observed Holidays. Hours and operations may also vary prior to the start of the Fall/Spring semesters to allow our staff to prepare for the return of students - Please visit The Dash for current hours.
The hours listed below are during the semester when classes are in session:
ITS Service Portal
Visit the ITS Service Portal (support.swarthmore.edu) to enter tickets for support, submit request services, get important announcements, and find quick solutions to common support questions. 24/7/365. The portal is interactive and offers a list of how-tos and FAQs.
In-Person & Remote Support
Beardsley Help Desk Appointments and Drop-ins
While the ITS Help Desk provides drop-in support, appointments are recommended as the first option for various types of support issues and are a great way to get one-on-one assistance. To schedule in-person support or computer drop-off, go to Google Appointment Calendar → Log In:
- Monday-Thursday 9:30 am-3:30 pm
- Friday 9:30 am-12:30 pm
- Saturday Closed
- Sunday Closed (Remote Support Available when classes are in session)
Remote Support Hours (phone, portal, zoom)
What If you can’t visit the In-Person helpdesk for Support?
The ITS Help Desk endeavors to resolve requests virtually as a first option since most issues can be solved remotely via Phone or Zoom support. Virtual Zoom support can be scheduled by entering a ticket via the ITS Service Portal (support.swarthmore.edu)
- Monday-Thursday 8 am-10 pm (when classes are in session)
- Friday 8 am-8 pm (when classes are in session)
- Saturday Closed
- Sunday 4 pm-10 pm (when classes are in session)
Phone support is available at x4357 (HELP) or 610-328-8513. Note: when calling the Help Desk, any voicemail messages left will create a support ticket for follow-up. When leaving messages, please provide your username, a return phone number, and an alternate email address if you are unable to access your Swarthmore email.
McCabe Library IT Consultant (walk-up, phone, portal, zoom) - when classes are in session
Walk-up and Remote Support Available (support hours are only available during the academic year when classes are in session):
- Sunday-Thursday 4 pm-10 pm
- Friday 4 pm-8 pm
- Saturday Closed
Accessing Swarthmore Remotely
- Check your Duo devices
- Have at least one device registered with Duo that you can access from off-campus
- We strongly recommend adding your smartphone, or an app-enabled mobile device, with the Duo app
- Check any hardware tokens you may have for Duo authentication and ensure they are working properly
- Install the Swarthmore Virtual Private Network (VPN) on any devices you wish to use off-campus
- Verify that you can login to the Swarthmore VPN and that the VPN application is up-to-date
- Upload files to Google Drive and review Google Drive File Sharing for collaborating on documents and projects
- Make sure you can connect to the Internet. Check out our tips for better WiFi for more information.
ITS Training Events - including Zoom video conferencing, teaching remotely with Moodle, and one-on-one faculty consultations.