Help Desk Hours
The ITS Help Desk, located in Beardsley 110 [campus map] will operate by appointment and will endeavor to resolve requests virtually as a first option.
Please visit the ITS Service Portal (support.swarthmore.edu) to enter tickets for support, schedule appointments, submit request services, get important announcements, and find quick solutions to common support questions. 24/7/365.
Note: During the semester, support is available during the times listed below (hours and operations are adjusted during breaks):
Remote Support Hours (phone, portal, zoom)
Note: If calling the Help Desk, please leave a message. Your voicemail will create a ticket. When leaving messages, please spell out your username, provide a phone number, and leave an alternate email address if you are unable to access your Swarthmore email.
- Monday-Thursday 8am-10pm (see Extended Support Hours)
- Friday 8am-8pm (see Extended Support Hours)
- Sunday (see Extended Support Hours)
In-Person Hours by Appointment (masks required)
Beardsley 110 (Help Desk) To schedule in-person support or computer drop-off, go to Google Appointment Calendar → Log In:
- Monday-Thursday 9am-2:30pm
- Friday 9am-12:30pm
Extended Support Hours: McCabe Library (ITSA Help Desk) - when classes are in session
In-Person and Remote Support Available (extended support hours are only available during the academic year, when classes are in session):
- Sunday-Thursday 4pm-10pm
- Friday 4pm-8pm
Contact the Help Desk
Accessing Swarthmore Remotely
- Check your Duo devices
- Have at least one device registered with Duo that you can access from off-campus
- We strongly recommend adding your smartphone, or an app-enabled mobile device, with the Duo app
- Check any hardware tokens you may have for Duo authentication and ensure they are working properly
- Install the Swarthmore Virtual Private Network (VPN) on any devices you wish to use off-campus
- Verify that you can login to the Swarthmore VPN and that the VPN application is up-to-date
- Upload files to Google Drive and review Google Drive File Sharing for collaborating on documents and projects
- Make sure you can connect to the Internet. Check out our tips for better WiFi for more information.