The Authors Widget plugin is an excellent way to quickly access all of a given student's posts in WordPress.
Activating and applying the Authors Widget plugin
- Log into the WordPress Dashboard
- Navigate to the Widgets page. To find the Widgets area, hover or click on the Appearance link to reveal a sub menu which includes Widgets.
- Find and drag the Authors Widget into the Sidebar area of your choice.
- Expand the Authors Widget to edit the settings.
Some recommended settings
- Give the Authors Widget a title.
- Set the Format to list.
- Set to Order by display name
- Check the box next to Show post counts. This is helpful in quickly taking count of how many posts students have made.
Note: At first you will only see names of users who have already created posts. Once a student creates their first post they will be added to the list.