It is possible to require a Swarthmore login to take a Qualtrics survey. This is helpful if you need to publish a survey URL but want to limit respondents to the Swarthmore community. It is possible to capture a username from the login process to verify a respondent's identify.
- Within a survey choose "Survey Flow"
- Add an "Authenticator" element at the top of the survey flow
- Authentication type: SSO
- Uncheck "Associate Respondent With Panel"
- If you want to collect Swarthmore username:
- Check "Capture respondent identifying info"
- Click "Add Embedded Data..."
- Enter "username" in both boxes that appear
- SSO Type:
idp/profile/cas/(updated URI, not reflected in screenshot)
- Set up "Show Block: Default Question Block" and the "End of Survey" blocks nested below the authentication block (see screenshot above)
The last step is required because otherwise if people fail the authentication three times, they will simply move past the authenticator. Placing all the survey elements with the authentication block prevents this from happening.
The password protection may not work properly with the survey preview. Use the Anonymous Link in the Distribution tab to test.