Set up a WolframID
To download Mathematica or use Mathematica online, go to the Wolfram User Portal (http://user.wolfram.com) and create a WolframID using your swarthmore.edu email. Check your email to validate your account.
To install Mathematica, you will need an activation key from Wolfram Research, the makers of Mathematica. To obtain a key:
- Visit the appropriate Wolfram Mathematica User Portal:
- Log in with your Wolfram account (instructions above)
- Fill out the Activation Key Request Form. Select the single machine option and your choice of version.
- After you submit the form, you will receive an activation key (a copy will also be emailed to you).
- After submitting the product registration form, download Mathematica on the next page (at the bottom).
- Run the installer. When you start Mathematica you will be prompted to enter the activation key you received via email.
To access Mathematica online using a browser:
- Request your log-in: https://user.wolfram.com/portal/requestAK/40d9ac8579c801485edd6151daf3f2c43cd348d9. Log in with your Wolfram ID (see instructions above)
- Check your email to validate
- Go to http://mathematica.wolframcloud.com to start using Mathematica online