Swarthmore College has a site license for ChemDraw. To download the latest version follow the instructions below:
1. Go to the sitelicense.cambridgesoft.com web site
2. Find Swarthmore College
3. Click on "Click here to download using your @swarthmore.edu email address."
4. Enter your Swarthmore email.
5. You will need to register with Cambridge Software. Follow the instructions on the web site.
6. After registering, go to "My Account" and click on "My Site Licenses"
7. Click on "Download Site License Software"
8. Select ChemDraw. The resulting page has downloads for both Mac and PC along with the user manual.
9. You will get an e-mail with the appropriate license codes or you can look under "My Downloads" in the "My Account" section of the web site.
More information about the site license from the Cambridge Software Web Site:
Site licenses are assigned on the basis of an Internet domain name, such as @your_school.edu. Anyone who has a valid email address from your school may go to a form on CambridgeSoft's website to obtain a serial number and registration code that will allow them to download and install the software on their computer. Anyone with a valid email address at your school would be covered by your site license and would be able to install the software.
A professor can install the software on a home computer. The software can be installed on home computers and school computers, or on many school computers. The same holds true for students. As long as they are covered by the site license at all, which means that they have a valid email address at your school, they can install the software on as many computers as they want.