Autodesk is a software company that makes 3D design, engineering, and entertainment software. Students and educators can receive free licenses for software including:
- AutoCAD - general CAD software
- Fusion 360 - 3D CAD, CAM, and CAE software
- Inventor - 3D CAD software
- 3ds Max - 3D modeling, animation, rendering, and compositing solution for games, film, and motion graphics artists
- Maya - 3D animation software
- Mudbox - digital painting and sculpting software
Many of the programs are Windows-only, but some of the design software runs on macOS and Linux.
Students and Faculty: register at www.autodesk.com/education/edu-software/overview to create an Autodesk account and download software. To create an account, click Get Started, then follow the instructions to create an account. You may be asked to upload a picture of your Swarthmore ID for proof that you are affiliated with an educational organization.
After logging in, you can download full versions of most Autodesk software.
- Find the software you want to download and click "Get license"
- Choose your version - School: deploy without network server
If you experience problems downloading your software or are interested in departmental lab use, contact ITS (firstname.lastname@example.org, x4357) for help.