Autodesk is a software company that makes 3D design, engineering, and entertainment software. Students and educators can receive free licenses for software including:
- AutoCAD - general CAD software
- Fusion 360 - 3D CAD, CAM, and CAE software
- Inventor - 3D CAD software
- 3ds Max - 3D modeling, animation, rendering, and compositing solution for games, film, and motion graphics artists
- Maya - 3D animation software
- Mudbox - digital painting and sculpting software
Many of the programs are Windows-only, but some of the design software runs on Macs.
Students and Faculty: register at https://www.autodesk.com/education/free-software/featured to download the software.
After logging in, you can download full versions of most Autodesk software.
- Select the software you want to download, from list of Free Software (at bottom of page, click link for full list)
- Sign In again
- Choose your version - School: deploy without network server
- Choose Operation system (will need 8GBs of RAM to run Windows 64-bit; 4GBs of RAM to run Windows 32-bit)
- Choose Language
- Click Download
- Autodesk will automatically issue a product key and serial number for each download.
- If installation fails, disable antivirus, and then try again.
Departmental lab use: Contact ITS (firstname.lastname@example.org, x4357) for license information