- Duo sends you passcodes in sets of 10
- You can only have a maximum of 10 SMS texted passcodes active at a time
- If you already have active passcodes, then send yourself a new set of 10, only the new set of 10 will be active
- Any unused codes from a previous set will be invalid
- Your active codes do not expire until you use them to authenticate with Duo
How to send them
- Start in a private/incognito window or a different browser than you normally use to login
- Once on the Duo Authentication screen, STOP.
- Make sure the device listed at the top of the Duo window is one that can accept SMS text messages - if it can't, select one that can.
- Choose the Enter a Passcode option
- A blue bar will appear at the bottom of the Duo window - Click the Text me new codes button
- You will receive a message on the device listed at the top of the Duo window containing 10 passcodes
- Save these passcodes somewhere other than your phone that does NOT require login with your Swarthmore credentials; such as saving them to a private email account, writing them down and storing them in your wallet, saving them in a note app that syncs to the cloud, etc.