If you are requested by ITS to provide a copy of an email with "headers displayed," please refer to the section below that corresponds to how you read your email.
To extract email headers from Gmail:
- Open the email message.
- Click the three vertical dots adjacent to the Reply link in the upper-right corner of the email message.
- Click Show Original.
- Copy and paste the information from the new window into an email.
To extract email headers from Thunderbird:
- Double-click the message to open it in a separate window.
- From the View menu, select Headers > All.
- Click the Forward button to forward the email.
- (You can then go back to the View menu and select Headers > Normal.
To extract email headers from Apple Mail:
- Select the email in the Inbox.
- Open the View menu, select Message > Raw Source.
- Copy the resulting text.
- Paste the text into an email.