Swarthmore College's Backup Solution - Code42
Step 1: Code42 Installation
You may already have Code42 installed. If so, you can skip to Step 2.
Download the appropriate version of the Code42 software below. The installation process may take up to 10 minutes.
- Code42 for Windows
- Code42 for Apple: To find out which processor you have on your Apple: Open About This Mac, choose the Apple menu (top left, picture of an Apple) > About This Mac
- Code42 for Linux
Step 2: Launch and Signing into Code42
- Once Code42 installs, open the Code42 application. How to locate: and open the Code42 application. How to locate:
Windows: Click on the start button and type “Crash” in the search. Then click on the CrashPlan icon.
macOS: Click on Applications and locate Code42. Or search for "Code42" in Spotlight (magnifying glass icon) in the upper right corner.
- To sign in to Code42: the primary user of the computer will need to log in with their Swarthmore network credentials (with the @swarthmore.edu at the end).
- The Code42 server address: central.crashplan.com
- After the initial sign-in, the setup will prompt your web browser to launch and require your Swarthmore sign in, (without the @swarthmore.edu at the end)
- Once logged in click on Start Backup.
Step 3: Confirmation
Please contact Support Services after installation so we can verify your backup (information located at the bottom). Please save any critical files onto your Swarthmore Google Drive and/or an external drive until we confirm that your Code42 backup is running smoothly.
Frequently Asked Questions and many "how to's" can be answered on our Computer Backup page.
Any additional questions or concerns please call or email Information Technology Services:
Below is a list of all of the ways you can contact ITS or find information:
- ITS Support Portal: support.swarthmore.edu
- Email: email@example.com
- Phone: x4357 (HELP) or 610-328-8513
- Check out our remote resources at swarthmore.edu/remote
- Check our homepage at swarthmore.edu/its