Connecting from Windows
- Click your Start button
- Select Search.
- Type in \\restech and press Enter. If prompted for credentials, enter GARNET\username in the username field, and your password. (Note** may need to type the complete address if print jobs fail to complete: \\restech.swarthmore.edu)
- Find the printer's queue name from the table at the top of this page.
- Double-click on the printer
- it will install automatically and be available from your Printers control panel
Connecting from macOS
Before you Begin: Download and install the Mac Printer Drivers first. Download Mac Printer Drivers Run the PS_v4.17.9_Mac.dmg installer. This installer may warn that it cannot open because it is from an unidentified publisher. You can launch the installer by control-clicking on the file and choosing "open".
- Open System Preferences, select Printing & Scanning, and click the lock in the lower left corner to make changes.
- Select the + (plus sign) to add a printer.
- Click the IP tab, represented as on newer versions of macOS.
- In the Address field, type restech (Note** may need to type complete address if print jobs fail to complete after a restart: restech.swarthmore.edu
- For Protocol, choose Line Printer Daemon - LPD.
- In the Queue field, enter the printer queue name from the table at the top of this page.
- Under Name, copy and paste name from Queue field.
- Under Use, select the option for Select Printer Software..., and search for the printer model from the table at the top of this page.
- Click Add. After you click Add, the Printer list window will reappear with the selected printer added to the list of printers.