Connecting from Windows
- Click your Start button
- Select Search.
- Type in \\restech and press Enter. If prompted for credentials, enter GARNET\username in the username field, and your password. (Note** may need to type the complete address if print jobs fail to complete: \\restech.garnet.swarthmore.edu)
- Find the printer queue name from the table above.
- Double-click on the printer (it will install automatically and be available from your Printers control panel)
Connecting from macOS
NOTE: First download and install the Canon Mac Printer Drivers. Run the PS_v4.15.0_Mac.dmg. The installer may warn that it "can't be opened because it is from an unidentified developer". You can launch the installer by using ctrl+click on the file, and choosing Open.
- Open System Preferences, select Print & Scan, and click the lock in the lower left corner to make changes.
- Select the +(plus sign) to add a printer
- Click the IP tab
- In the Address field, type restech (Note** may need to type complete address if print jobs fail to complete: restech.garnet.swarthmore.edu)
- Make sure the Protocol is set to Line Printer Daemon - LPD
- In the Queue field, enter the queue name from the table above.
- Under Print Using, select the option for Select Printer Software....
- Search for and select the printer model from the table above.
- Click Add.
- After you click Add, the Printer list window will reappear with the selected printer added to the list of printers.