Connecting from Windows
- Click your Start button
- Select Search.
- Type in \\restech and press Enter. If prompted for credentials, enter GARNET\username in the username field, and your password. (Note** may need to type the complete address if print jobs fail to complete: \\restech.swarthmore.edu)
- Find the printer's queue name from the table at the top of this page.
- Double-click on the printer
- it will install automatically and be available from your Printers control panel
Connecting from macOS
- Open System Preferences, select Printers & Scanners.
- Select the + (plus sign) to add a printer.
- Click the IP tab, represented as on newer versions of macOS.
- In the Address field, type restech (Note** may need to type complete address if print jobs fail to complete after a restart: restech.swarthmore.edu)
- Make sure the Protocol is set to Line Printer Daemon - LPD.
- For Queue, enter the queue name listed in the table at the top of this page.
- For Name, copy and paste the name from the Queue field.
- Under Use, select the option for Select Printer Software....
- Search for and select the printer model listed in the table at the top of this page.
- Click Add.
- After you click Add, the Printer list window will reappear with the selected printer added to the list of printers.