Recording your name
Recording how to pronounce your name will make it easier for professors and students to learn how to say your name. To start, log into Moodle.
Moodle recordings may not work with iOS or the Safari browser. Please use a different device or browser.
- Click on your name (top right) and select "Profile"
- Under "User details", select "Edit profile"
- In the "Description" section, select the microphone icon and record your name
- Go to the bottom of the page and select "Update profile"
If you need to update your pronunciation, edit the Description section. Delete the original recording and make a new recording.
Listening to others' name pronunciations
Recordings are only available for people that have submitting a pronunciation. Not all people have recorded their name in Moodle.
To hear how to pronounce other peoples' names in Moodle:
- In your Moodle course, select the Participants list in the left-hand navigation column
- Click on a name
- Play the audio located under their name and photo
For professors, student name pronunciations are available in Faculty Services in the following locations:
- Each student’s individual record
- Course rosters
- Class photo list (linked from course roster page)