Recording your name
Recording how to pronounce your name will make it easier for professors and students to learn how to say your name. To start, log into Moodle.
- Click on your name (top right) and select Profile
- Under User details, select Edit profile
- In the Description section, select the microphone icon and record your name
- Select Attach recording
- Go to the bottom of the page and select Update profile
To update the pronunciation, edit the Description section. Delete the original recording and make a new recording.
Listening to others' name pronunciations
Recordings are only available for people that have submitted a pronunciation. Not all people have recorded their name in Moodle.
To hear how to pronounce other peoples' names in Moodle:
- In your Moodle course, select Participants from the left-hand navigation column
- Click on a name
- Play the audio located under their name and photo
For professors, student name pronunciations are available in Faculty Services in the following locations:
- Each student’s individual record
- Course rosters
- Class photo list (linked from course roster page)