In some classes, it may be desirable to hide the list of participants from students. For example, student graders appear in the course participants listing. Some faculty prefer to keep the names of graders hidden from students. It is possible to remove the permission to view the participants listing from the student roles.
- Go to your Moodle course page
- Click on the Participants link below the course title
- In the dropdown menu, select Permissions
- In the Filter textbox enter the words "View participants". A single row of permissions should be displayed.
- Click on the trashcan next to all the student roles to remove the ability to see the participants listing. Student roles include: Student, Registered Student, and Auditor
To verify that the Participants list is hidden from students by click on your image (top right) and selecting Switch role to.... Select the student role and verify that the Participants link is gone. Click on your image and select Return to my normal role to exit the student view.
Changing Moodle permissions can cause unintended consequences. Make sure you are changing the proper permissions. Please get in touch with your Academic Technologist if you have any questions.