Course settings allow you to set general preferences for your Moodle course. The default settings are fine for most courses. You'll use this primarily to select the course format and to make the course visible to participants. Every Moodle course is organized into sections of information in the center of the page and blocks on the left and right columns. The top section is a header area.
Section Topics and Titles
By default, there are 14 sections labeled "Topic 1", "Topic 2", etc. You can change the name of the section and add a description by following the instructions below.
- Click the Turn Editing On button (top right of the page) editing mode on and
- Click on the Edit button to the right of the section title
- Click Edit Topic
- Check the small box labeled Custom and then
- Type your own section name in the text box
- You can also add descriptive text and images in the Summary box below
- Scroll down and click the Save Changes button when finished
Sections by the Week
If your course is organized by weeks, it is possible to label each section with a date. Follow the instructions below to have each of your sections automatically display the corresponding weeks.
- Click on the big Gear Icon (top right of the page)
- Select Edit settings
- Scroll down and click on the Course format section
- Next to Format select Weekly format from the drop-down menu.
- Scroll down to the bottom of the page and click the Save and display button to save your changes.
To add more sections (whether topics or weeks) in the course, click the "Turn Editing On" button (top right). Then scroll down to the very last section and click where it says Add More Topics. To see step-by-step instructions go to Adding More Section Topics or Weeks in Moodle.