Course settings allow you to set general preferences for your Moodle course. The default settings are fine for most courses. You'll use this primarily to select the course format and to make the course visible to participants. Every Moodle course is organized into sections of information in the center of the page. The left area is for a course index and the right is for blocks that add features to the class. The top section is a header area.
Section Topics and Titles
By default, there are sections labeled "Topic 1", "Topic 2", etc. You can change the name of the section and add a description by following the instructions below.
- click the Edit Mode button to turn editing on
- Click on the button to the right of the section title
- Click Edit Topic
- Check the small box labeled Custom and then
- Type your own section name in the text box
- Optionally enter descriptive text and images in the Summary box below
- Click the Save Changes at the bottom of the page when finished
Sections by the Week
If your course is organized by weeks, it is possible to automatically label each section with a date. Follow the instructions below to have each of your sections automatically display the corresponding weeks.
- Go to your course page
- Click the Settings link under the course title
- Scroll down and click on the Course format section
- Next to Format select Weekly format from the drop-down menu.
- Scroll down to the bottom of the page and click the Save and display button to save your changes.
To add more sections (whether topics or weeks) in the course, click the Edit Mode button to turn editing on. Scroll down to the last section and click the Add Topic link. To see step-by-step instructions go to Adding More Section Topics or Weeks in Moodle.