Gradescope is an service to make it easier to grade student work. It is possible to connect Gradescope to Moodle in order to sync class rosters. After making the connection, students can log into Gradescope via Moodle or directly on the Gradescope website.
Set up the Gradescope activity in Moodle
- Go to your Moodle class page and click the "Turn Editing On" button (top right)
- Click "Add and activity or resource"
- Select Gradescope
- Give the activity a name (e.g. "Gradescope")
- Moodle gradebook settings
- If you don't want a Moodle gradebook entry for Gradescope, go to the Privacy section and uncheck "Accept grades from the tool"
- If you do want a Moodle gradebook entry for Gradescope, go to the Grade section and set up your grading preferences
- Go to the bottom of the page and click "Save and return to course"
Sync Gradescope with Moodle class roster
- Click on the Gradescope activity in your Moodle course
- Under "Link to Moodle Course", select the option that best fits (for most people this is creating a new Gradescope course)
- Click "Link Course"
- Enter details about your course and click "Update course"
- On the left side menu, click "Roster"
Click "Sync Moodle Roster"
By default, Gradescope will send an email to all students added to the course. You may want to uncheck this option.
- Click "Sync Roster"
On the Gradescope roster page, there are options to "Sync Moodle Roster" if you want to re-sync enrollments if students have added or dropped the course.
The "Add Students or Staff" button can be used to manually add users to Gradescope