- Log into the Moodle course and turn editing on
- On the left menu click Add a Block. If the left menu isn't visible, click the "hamburger" button on the top left of the page.
- Choose Remote RSS feeds from the dropdown.
- The page will reload and there should now be a block in the right column labeled Remote News Feed. Click the gear icon in this block to configure the feed.
- From the Configuring a Remote News Feed block settings page, look for the setting labeled Choose the feeds which you would like to make available in this block. Click the red link labeled Add/edit feeds.
- Click the Add a new feed button.
- Add the desired location to the Feed URL field.
- Set Shared feed to "No".
- Click the blue Add a new feed button.
- Navigate back to the course.
- Find the Remote News Feed block which you had created earlier. Click the gear icon to finalize the configuration.
- Configure the block to your liking, then
- Select the feed(s) you've added in previous steps, in the 3rd box of the Block Settings section labeled "Choose the feeds which you would like to make available in this block:"
- Click the blue Save Changes button.
Adding a Twitter search as RSS
If you are using a 3rd party Twitter search tool, like https://twitrss.me, then you'll need to copy the URL from the search bar at the top of your browser window as the RSS feed link. It will be something like: https://twitrss.me/twitter_search_to_rss/?term=swarthmore and that will be the Feed URL in that field in Step 7 above.