It is possible to add a Zoom Video Conference link to your Moodle course. This can be useful for holding remote classes, help sessions, or office hours. Students click a link within Moodle to enter a video conference session.
- Log in to Moodle and navigate to your intended course.
- Turn editing on for your course
- Click the Add an activity or resource link.
- Select the Zoom Meeting activity
- You will now see an options screen for the Zoom Meeting activity.
- Give your Zoom meeting a name next to "Title" (e.g. Zoom English 101 Class).
- Click on the "recurring" checkbox so that students can always click on this link for every class
- The other settings can be left as the default values in most cases.
- Next to "Alternative Host" type the email address of any co-teachers or administrators you would like to be able to start the Zoom meeting in case of your absence. This can only be a person with a Swarthmore email address. If you do not know this information now, you can update it later.
- Scroll to the bottom and click the button marked Save and return to course.
- You should now see your new web conference link in your course.
- Click on the Zoom Meeting activity link to initiate the video conference. As a Moodle teacher, your will automatically be added as the meeting host.
- All enrolled participants can click on this activity link to access the video conference.
Switching users in Zoom
If you are working on a shared computer, it may be possible that you will be logged into Zoom as the previous user. Zoom remembers the identity of the last user. To switch users,
- In the Zoom application, click the zoom.us menu item and select "Switch user"
- Click the "Sign In" button
- Select "Login with SSO"
- Verify that the "company domain" is set to swarthmore.zoom.us
- You should see a Swarthmore login window. Log in with your Swarthmore username and password