Setting Up Your Swarthmore Account
Trico students taking classes at Swarthmore will be provided with a Swarthmore account which can be used to log into Moodle, G Suite, VPN (for off campus access), and any other academic services.
After registering for a course, Trico students will receive an email containing their Swarthmore username. Use the student ID number from your home institution to set up your Swarthmore account.
ID numbers beginning with zeros
When following the account setup directions below, please remove any leading zeros, if applicable, from your student ID.
- Visit password.swarthmore.edu.
- Enter your Swarthmore Username (example: jsmith1) and click submit.
- Choose to verify your account By providing answers to my secret questions.
- Enter your 9 digit student/employee ID Number.
- You will now be prompted to configure your personalized secret questions. Close the pop-up message and proceed to answer the default questions. It is best to keep your answers simple, so they are easier to remember. Then click the submit button.
- You will now be able to reset your password. Choose Reset my password to continue.
- Create a new password based on the rules provided in the right-hand column - you may have to scroll to the right to view. Click submit. View our page on tips for creating strong passwords.
- In the event that your password fails to verify, a red 'X' will appear next to the rule(s) that were not satisfied. Make the needed changes and click submit again.
- If your password is accepted, you will see a pop-up message confirming that you have successfully reset your password. Click exit to close the session.
- You may now close this browser window.
Once you have set up your account - if you need help with resetting your password, or if you have forgotten your password, visit our page on resetting email and network passwords.
Duo at Swarthmore
Trico students are now automatically enrolled in Duo at Swarthmore. Once your account is set up you will be able to enroll devices for 2-factor authentication. For a list of devices supported visit our page on Duo devices and how they authenticate. If you need assistance in setting up a new device you can use the tips on our page for adding and managing devices in Duo. If you need to make changes to your Duo account see our page on adding devices and changing your settings.
Please note that hardware tokens that produce single-use numerical codes for authentication are institution-specific, so you cannot use the hardware token from your home institution here at Swarthmore. If you need to use a hardware token, you would need to acquire one from the Help Desk. You will always be able to add your Swarthmore account to the Duo mobile app, which can also produce single-use numerical codes - with or without Wi-Fi or cell service.