Installing the AODocs extensions
The AODocs extensions require the use of the Chrome web browser. They are not currently guaranteed to work on other browsers, not even Chromium-based browsers with access to the Chrome web store. You can find detailed instructions on our page for installing the AODocs extensions.
The extensions may not automatically sync to your Chrome browser across multiple computers. If you have recently switched computers, or use multiple computers, please make sure you have the extensions installed on Chrome for each computer. You know you have the extensions installed when the Chrome web store page has Remove from Chrome listed instead of Add to Chrome. Sometimes the extensions may have to be reinstalled, so even if you are certain you have installed them previously, check to see if Chrome still lists them as installed extensions.
If you missed the prompt to install the Sync Client for the Universal File Opener (UFO) during installation, click on the UFO icon at the top-right corner of your browser. You will see a checklist of things needed for UFO to function properly, and a link to download the Sync Client will be provided.
The extensions are Installed but are not visible
If you have multiple extensions installed on your browser, it is possible that the extensions are properly installed, but just not visible in the top-right corner of your browser. To make sure they are always visible, click the Extensions icon (looks like a puzzle piece), and click the pin icon next to the AODocs extensions.
The extensions are visible but not functioning properly
The icons are grayed out
This happens normally when you are not currently on a web page that utilizes the extensions. If they are still grayed out when you are on your Drive:
- Click on the grayed-out icon. A window with a checklist should appear.
- Anything with a red X next to it requires action for the extension to work properly. The item with the X will usually tell you what needs to be fixed, such as putting your Drive in list view or installing the Sync Client.
If you see a spinning loading icon instead of the checklist:
- Click the Reload option at the bottom of the pop-up window.
- If you do not see the checklist after the reload, or if the loading icon continues to spin for more than a couple of minutes contact ITS.
There is a yellow warning triangle on one or both icons
This happens when a setting in Drive has been changed that interferes with the AODocs extensions.
- Click on the icon with the warning symbol. A window with a checklist should appear.
- Take note of any items with a red X next to them, and follow the suggestions provided in the window.
- Most often Drive is in grid view instead of list view, or the Sync Client is not installed for Universal File Opener.
- If you have already made the necessary changes, but the warning or red X's still persist, click the Reload option.
Add AODocs URLs to the browser allow-list
We recommend that you have your browser set to block 3rd party cookies, however, this can cause issues with the AODocs extensions. Below are the steps to add the URLs for the smooth operation of the extensions in Chrome.
- Click the 3 vertical dots at the top-right corner of the browser, just to the right of your user icon.
- Choose Settings.
- Click on Privacy and security from the menu on the left-hand side. Or, scroll down to the Privacy and security section on the page.
- Choose Cookies and other site data. You will see if you have your browser set to block 3rd party cookies here.
- Copy and paste one of the following URLs into the window that appears. Copy the entire URL, including any [*.] prefix that may appear.
- Click Add.
- Repeat steps 5 through 7 until ALL listed URLs have been added.