If you are on a departmental mailing list and have a need to send messages from that mailing list address in Gmail, you will want to set the address up as a "Send Mail As" account.
These instructions assume both accounts are on the swarthmore.edu domain. If not, contact the Help Desk for support.
- In Gmail, open Settings from the gear menu.
- Choose the Accounts tab
- Click Add another email address you own. Enter a descriptive official name for the account and the email address. Keep Treat as an alias checked.
- You will be asked to send a verification email. Click Send Verification.
- The verification email will be sent to the list. Check your inbox for the email containing the confirmation code.
- Enter the confirmation code on the confirmation window.
- Now when composing an email, you will have the option to change the "From" address to the alternate email address.