Ensure you are using the most recent version of Outlook and your operating system is up to date.
Add a Gmail Account to Outlook
- Open Outlook
- Select File > Add Account
- Enter your email address and click Connect
- Outlook will launch a Gmail window that asks for your password. Enter your credentials and select Sign in
- Once Outlook finishes adding your Gmail account, you can add another email account or select Done
- Select Outlook > Preferences > Accounts
- Click the plus (+) sign > New Account
- Type your email address > Continue
- Type your password > Continue
- Click Continue
- Select an account to sign in.
- Allow permissions from Microsoft apps & services
- Click Open Microsoft Outlook
- Select Done
For more information, check out the official Microsoft documentation.