Contact information is displayed in various locations:
- Swarthmore Directory
- Faculty/staff directory listings within departmental sites (ex: President's Staff)
- User profiles (optional)
User Profiles are optional stand-alone pages that allow faculty and staff to include additional information about themselves and/or their work.
- Make sure you've logged in to Drupal.
- Locate and click on your username in the upper-right corner of the screen (black toolbar). You will be redirected to your profile page.
- To begin making changes, click the Edit tab.
The edit window will appear on the screen along with the tabs for User Information, Profile Page, and System Information (pictured below).
Updating Contact Information
In most cases, your contact information will not require editing, as it is initially updated from Banner. In the event that an override or correction is necessary:
Expand the User Information tab
If necessary, adjust the Name (should be your full name)
Upload a preferred Directory Listing Image / headshot (optimal dimensions: width of 372px by a height of 414px)
Optionally, check the box to Display Directory Image
Alter or add additional Titles
If necessary, adjust the On Leave Message (ex: "On leave Spring 2019")
Alter or add additional Departments
If necessary, adjust the Display Email
Alter or add additional Phone/Fax Numbers
- Add the type of number in the Title field (Phone, Fax, Mobile, etc.)
- Add the phone number in the URL field
Alter or add additional Office Locations
Add optional Office Hours
Alter or add additional Related Links
Add any Additional Information not captured in the previous fields
Faculty and staff have the option of creating a profile page on the College site. The following information can be included:
- Alternate photo to be displayed
- A free form text field for additional information (ex: cv, biography, etc.)
Make a Profile Public
User Profiles are hidden by default. If you've made changes to your profile and want them to be shared publicly, you'll need to do the following:
- Navigate to the Profile Page tab towards the top of the edit window
- Check the Make Profile Public option
- Upload a preferred Profile Image / headshot (optimal dimensions: width of 400px by a height of 448px).
- Add Profile Body copy if any is required.
- Click the green Save button at the bottom of the screen
Updating the Profiles of Others
Although every Swarthmore College faculty and staff member can update their own profile, some department may identify an individual responsible for maintaining the entire site, including the profiles of each faculty and staff member. For instructions see Editing the Profiles & Contact Information of Others.
Updating Your Own Profile
Making a change to your own profile is very easy. Log in to backend of the website and look for your name in the far right of the top (black) bar. As soon as you click on your name, you are brought to your profile page.
There you will find several horizontal and vertical table which allow you to edit essential contact information, as well add photos and more in depth information which is used to "feed" a department faculty/staff listing.
To make a change, simply choose the Edit tab.
And then proceed from there by clicking on any these tabs to make changes:
Faculty Staff Listing Image
For the image which appears on Faculty Staff pages go to the "User Information" tab. You'll see the current available image labeled Directory Listing Image. If you want to change it out just "Remove" and upload the new one. Make sure you add your alt text (e.g. your name) If you want the image to appear make sure "Display Directory Image" is checked (it is unchecked by default). The checkbox is located below the image.
Profile Page Image
Go to the "Profile Page" tab and find the "Profile Photo" field. You'll see the current available image. If you want to change it out just "Remove" and upload the new one. Make sure you add your alt text.