Feature panes are one of the most common and versatile panes used throughout the Swarthmore website. They are most often used by departement to promote a upcoming event, a new program, or particular student, faculty or alum. They are also used to make a special announcement or highlight (or feature) somethig important to viistors.
Creating a Feature pane
- Make sure you've logged in to Drupal.
- Navigate to the page you intend to update.
- Hover over the yellow Site Administration area of the toolbar to reveal additional options.
- Choose Add New Pane from the options list.
- Select Feature. This will open a new options window.
- Add a Title.
- Add an Abstract, the text included on the pane.
- Add an Image
- Add an Add More Link
- Once your done creating your feature pane, scroll to the bottom of the edit window and click Save.
- Next, follow the instructions for Adding a Pane to a Page.