By default, each department, lab, and faculty site has Contact Information located in the bottom right corner of every page. From time to time this content may need to be adjusted. Fortunately, it's possible to update this information in a central location without having to edit each page individually.
This following process requires that you have attended an Advanced Drupal Training workshop and have had your permissions enhanced as a result.
Editing Site Contact Information
- Make sure you've logged in to Drupal.
- Visit the site which is in need of an updated Contact Information.
- Click Edit Draft in the top navigation menu. This will bring up the familiar page editing panel.
- Scroll until you locate a blue bar labeled Site Settings. If necessary, click on the Site Settings bar to reveal additional options.
- Locate the blue bar labeled Contact Block. If necessary, click on the Contact Block bar to reveal additional options.
- The following fields can be altered:
- Social Media Links (select type from dropdown)
- Contact and Social Media (deprecated)
- Note: This field is deprecated – meaning its functionality has been folded into the fields mentioned above – but it can still be used as a general field. In fact, your site may have your contact information listed here; this is from when the old theme was migrated to the new one in 2018. If your contact information is included here, you can edit the pane directly, or move the information into their respective fields.
- Make any necessary adjustments and updates.
- Scroll to the bottom of the page.
- Verify that the Publishing Options > Moderation State is set appropriately (Published or Draft).
- Click the green Save button.