By default, each department, lab, and faculty site has Contact Information located in the bottom right corner of every page. From time to time this content may need to be adjusted. Fortunately, it's possible to update this information in a central location without having to edit each page individually.
This following process requires that you have attended an Advanced Drupal Training workshop and have had your permissions enhanced as a result.
- Make sure you've logged in to Drupal.
- Visit the site which is in need of an updated Contact Information.
- Locate and hover over the Contact Information Pane in the lower right corner of the page.
- If you have the appropriate permissions you will see a gear icon in the upper right corner of the Contact Information Pane.
- Click the gear icon and select Edit Contact Info (pictured below).
- This will open a familiar editing window.
Making the Edits
- Scroll until you locate a blue bar labeled Site Settings. If necessary, click on the Site Settings bar to reveal additional options.
- Locate the blue bar labeled Contact Block. If necessary, click on the Contact Block bar to reveal additional options.
- The following fields can be altered:
- Contact Title
- College/Department Contact Information
- Social Media Links
- Make any necessary adjustments and updates.
- Scroll to the bottom of the page.
- Verify that the Publishing Options > Moderation State is set appropriately (Published or Draft).
- Click the green Save button.