GitHub Enterprise has a feature called Gist, which can be used for sharing snippets of code with Swarthmore community members. Using Gist to share a code snippet is superior to sharing by other methods because the code is automatically version controlled and able to be forked by collaborators.
- Visit https://github.swarthmore.edu/gist/
- Log in with your Swarthmore network credentials
- You will be taken to a page for creating new Gist
- Give your Gist a description
- Give your Gist a title (and file extension if you'd like to have proper syntax highlighting)
- Add your code snippet to the large copy area
- Choose whether to make your Gist secret (only visible to you and those who you've given explicit permission), or public (visible to any logged in Swarthmore community member).